Translate

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Backgrounds, props, budgets oh my Or... get Crafty time.

If you are one of the lucky ones with a dollhouse for your dolls like me congrats. So many don't have space or the funds to have one. We lack both pretty much but we can fake it. Cardboard is your friend. Scrapbook paper is a better friend. You can make walls and floors easily with the two. I showed some in another post but if you really want cool doll props and are on a budget I am going to share my best secrets with you but let me mention one more friend,  Glue sticks. Trust me they don't wrinkle the paper like regular glue will.

My secrets:

YouTube is your friend. People show you how to do stuff and watching it is free assuming you have internet. Which if you are reading my tips I guess you are. There are a few youtubers that make great stuff for dolls. Chad Alan makes stuff for Monster High, Ever After High and Barbies and shows you how to make clothes... and some of his techniques will be able to be translated to larger dolls like me. Find him here.

My Froggy Stuff.  Started out with mostly Monster High and Barbie and now covers everything including American Girls... wooo. There is a blog and the have more than one You Tube. Find it here. Furniture , backgrounds, luggage, food oh my so many ideas.

Karen Mom of Three Blog... wow she has all boys but makes cool doll stuff. Wait so does my human mom. Well her actual kids are boys. That is awesome though. Keeping in touch with their inner child I guess... linky dinky do to find Karen's blog.

Google search: Yep Or Bing if you like that better or whichever search you use. I am a google person umm doll.. anyhow. Type in how to make a (insert item here) for an 18 inch doll. You might have to weed out things you were not looking for and it is best to ask a parent because when you google search anything can happen. We are als 1/3 scale or playscale.  (psst here you will thank me for this one) Print Mini,com is free and they have a Playscale page that fits us. woo! Accessorize time.

So make it and fake it for cool photo props on the cheap. Because we all love those little details.



No comments:

Post a Comment